Saturday, March 17, 2012

Goraebap 고래밥

Here's the front and back of Goraebap 고래밥's box.


Of course, I wouldn't pass on the opportunity to show my English prowess. The matching activity doesn't only help in teaching English names of animals, but also introduces you to 4 of the sea creatures that you'll meet inside. It also has a website: www.goraebab.com, but I can't open it. I wonder why... must be my settings or something.


I like how most Korean snacks have this kind of packaging / box where it opens in the middle (like a box of Kleenex). Look! Cute drawings inside too! Must be an activity, but I'm too lazy to try and translate. ^^;;

~ Funky Sea Creatures ~

I tried to "catch them all", but I missed three: turtle, octopus, and shrimp.  I'll update this as soon as I open my second box. *pinky promise*


Product Name: Goraebap 고래밥...  고래 is Korean for "whale" and 밥 can mean "rice", "meal", or "food" depending on how you use it in a sentence. Most blogs and info in the net translates Goraebap 고래밥 as "whale food", of course it doesn't literally mean that you're a "whale" if you eat it. I think its name goes with the whole theme of marine animals. By the way, typing 고래 밥 in google translate gave me "Bob whale" and was a quick laugh. Kkk...good thing I don't have a fat friend whose name is Bob cause I'd be tempted to you know..secretly call him 고래밥 behind his back. >_<;


Hole in the Pocket: This was from ♥. Surely it's not more than Php 70 in your friendly neighborhood Korean store.


First Impression: How cute is that 3D whale with a bump on its head? Although whale food in reality is mainly krill and plankton, they might actually snack on fish or squid every now and then. I doubt they eat turtles, dolphins or octopus though. The package gives me an impression that the whale is thinking about its food and is quite happy about it.  


Taste buds say: The box says 볶음양념 맛 ("stir-fried in sauce flavor")... and it tastes like a generic "vegetable" flavored snack with a little more zing. Still delicious though and much closer to "chicken barbecue" in flavor if you ask me. It's crunchy and you'll actually feel like a whale devouring small sea creatures for pleasure. I find it more satisfying to throw 5-6 pieces (sometimes even more) into my mouth and chomping away.


Reminds me of: Vegetable snacks (e.g. Regent's Snacku Rice Crackers).


K-rating: 4/5 ... 'coz I'm tired of categorizing animal crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?