Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bungeo Samanco 붕어 싸만코

Bungeo Samanco  붕어 싸만코 since 1991.

The fish pops out! What you see is what you get.

Bite into a fin without worries of dripping all over the place. Bungeo Samanco  붕어 싸만코 is compact and creamy.

3 Layers of Yummy Goodness: crisp wafer, sweet red bean paste (팥), and soft vanilla ice cream. 
Product Name: Bungeo Samanco  붕어 싸만코... 붕어 is a fish (Carp) and 싸만코.... hmmm.... 싸만코.... if I use my limited Korean language skills, I'd say it means cheap (싸) only (만) nose (코), but that is WRONG. According to a my boyfriend who did a search online ('coz he also had no idea), a guy asked the Binggrae company what 싸만코 meant, he said that 싸만코 was like an "ice cream in a sandwich" or "sandwich type of ice cream." If anybody knows the exact meaning... share the knowledge! ;)

Hole in the Pocket: Php 40 - 60 (prices vary in each store)

First Impression: If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was "fish flavored ice cream" (as most people think too whenever I introduce it to them). But why would a fish flavored ice cream last for many years, right? So it's not fish flavored, but rather it's like the ice cream version of 붕어빵, a fish-shaped Korean pastry.

Taste buds say: Delicious overload! One of the best ice creams I've ever had (one of the cutest too)! Biting into the wafer and savoring the bean paste with the vanilla ice cream is oh so heavenly...~

Reminds me of: Nothing I've ever had before.

K-rating: 5/5... It's worth the raves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?