Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Saewookkang 새우깡

Saewookkang 새우깡 in a 4-piece pack.


Here's the front and back. Though I can't understand most of what's written on the back, I enjoy the illustrations like a child reading a picture book. In my mind, it goes like: "We get fresh shrimps from the sea. And then we cook it as soon as possible to maintain the freshness and flavor (we add salt to taste and some special herbs & spices). You can then eat it for a picnic near the sea. THE END."


I was inspired by some Korean photo I saw at Komusin (years ago). But I can't seem to get it right. ^^;;


Here's another try. Ah... it just looks like Jenga. 


I give up on stacking them. Take a closer look at those shrimp crackers/snacks.

Product Name: Saewookkang 새우깡... 새우 (Saewoo) is the Korean word for "shrimp". But when I check google translate, it says "lobster"...? I think Lobster is just 로브스터. And then 깡...? I dunno, but maybe it has something to do with how the shrimps were cooked or prepared. *shrugs*

Hole in the Pocket: Freebie from ♥.

First Impression: We have a similar snack here in the Philippines and it's made by Oishi, a food corporation. The color of the package and presentation are almost the same, but Saewookkang 새우깡 is more comprehensive and artsy. The giant shrimp is enough to tell you, without even knowing what 새우 means, that it is shrimp flavored.

Taste Buds say: It's crunchy and not too salty compared to our country's version. It's not loaded with powder flavoring. I like the simple combination of shrimp taste and cracker like texture (huh..?^^;). Its grooves and indentations are there for a better grip (...just made that up for lack of nothing better to say).

Reminds me of: Oishi prawn crackers!

K-rating: 4/5...a light and crunchy shrimp snack. ^^~

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?