Sunday, April 1, 2012

Acacia Chewing Gum 아카시아 츄잉껌

Acacia Chewing Gum 아카시아 츄잉껌 (Haitai 해태  ) 
Acacia Floral Chewing Gum... How girly is that? ^^*
This pack of gum has 7 sticks, each with a unique illustration, design and message (too lazy to try and translate! Besides, I'm not that good ^^;;)



I love the effort that goes with this gum. I mean, it's my first time to hold a pack of gum that has unique individual wrappers, which matches the product's theme...floral...~


Here's a stick... I'm not sure, but wouldn't a guy feel kinda shy to be holding or eating this oh-so-dainty gum?


Product Name: Acacia Chewing Gum 아카시아 츄잉껌... 'coz it's made of 아카시아 (Acacia kul). means "honey" in Korean but I think it can also mean "sap" or some kind of gum arabic since several species of Acacia produce gum.

Hole in the Pocket:  Php 25.00 per pack at Prince Mart

First Impression: With it's black and purple package, I first thought it was nicotine gum or the kind of gum sold in night clubs or bars... I dunno, but I just thought that. But upon opening the package, it seemed like a sophisticated woman's gum. 

Taste Buds say: I've always had mint or fruit flavored gum... but Acacia floral gum? This first time is a winner. Some people may not appreciate the taste of flowers in their candy, but this gum made me feel like I'm eating sweet-smelling flowers (minus the bitter taste that one can easily associate with..well..uh...eating flowers). And if I were to take inspiration from the illustrations and use a little bit of imagination - I'm a nature goddess chewing on flowers. It's not to sweet nor overwhelming in flavor. It's enough to freshen your mouth after a meal and leave it flowery fresh. ;)

Reminds me of: The scent of Jasmine or the local Sampaguita.

K-rating: 5/5... as flowery as floral can be...~

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Acacia was my favorite gum in the early nineties. the wrappers used to be amazing works of art. I actually still have a few wrappers I saved from back then. Really wish I saved more. anyways, I put a search on google to see if there were any others who saved these wrappers besides me but I guess it was too long ago. It's cool that I found another fan of Acacia though. I should upload pictures of these wrappers as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I didn't know this gum has been around for a while. I just discovered it last month and was very impressed with the wrappers (and taste). I mean, I rarely see such effort put into something as ordinary as a stick of gum. Did your Acacia wrappers have a similar lay-out or design? I'm curious. If you've had it since the 90s, they probably are a work of art with a sort of "vintage appeal".

      Delete
  2. Where can I find this gum with great taste and pretty wrapping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it in a Korean grocery store here in the Philippines. I guess, it's best to check a Korean grocery store near you. :)

      Delete

What do you think?